Quilts And All Things Fabric...

As an avid fabric enthusiast, a blog about quilts and all things fabric just seemed the obvious thing to do.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Barn Blocks 3 & 4 and More Garden Inspiration

For those of you reading this or following my blog, this Little Red Barn Quilt is one of the cutest quilts I think I have ever attempted.  Although, it is being done as a "Quilt-Along"  in conjunction with the Quilt With Us Barn Blog Quilt Along of Connecting Threads, I have jumped ahead and finished blocks three and four. With company coming in starting Monday and being here on and off for the next two weeks, it was either get ahead or lag way behind. Hey, it's me...gonna' jump ahead of the plan!  Besides, I want to devote my undivided attention to the grandsons when they arrive with no worries about "should be sewing"!
Anyway, without further delay presenting Block 3:
This one is called "Lucky's Barn"...guess Lucky is the horse...could be the chicken.... There is a little horse shoe 'button' from the accessory packet that goes over the barn door when completed. Lucky and the chicken are part of the accessory packet also.

Barn 4 is celebrating the 4th of July:
The blocks are the same size, just don't look it because of the photo shoot.
This completes the Barns blocks. Well, sort of completes them....I am waiting until all the pieces are constructed to do the applique stitching, but construction is complete.

The next step for this quilt is the darling little chickens! I won't be able to start on them until my company leaves. So it will be close to 3 weeks before pictures get posted. Hope you can hold on that long. LOL

And, since I have your undivided attention...how about a couple of garden shots from today???
I thought I could include the garden goodies and a color inspiration thought at the same time. What do you think of Monochromatic themes? Today's thought is green on green....look at the color variations, shadows and light highlights and try to come up with ways to incorporate these into a quilt project. I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas or comments, too.
Ok, first up is the big bowl of Green Beans I picked this morning...cleaned, blanched and now have a one gallon bag of whole green beans in the freezer!  I do them this way to throw in the crock pot with the pot roasts. Yum!
Probably NOT colors of green I would put together in a quilt...but who knows.... sometimes it just takes the strange idea to work.

And after picking the beans, I decided to check on the grapes....yes they are still green too. Just hoping we can get some of them before the opossums and racoons discover them. Those stinkers can wipe the vines clean overnight...and have.

Two different kinds of grapes and a slight variation in color. More ideas to play with...
Let me know what you think. I'll let you know if we get to enjoy the grapes in a few weeks!

Well, that's all I have today. Hang in there and sew something fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment