Quilts And All Things Fabric...

As an avid fabric enthusiast, a blog about quilts and all things fabric just seemed the obvious thing to do.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Well, here I sit at the computer again with a cup of Pomegranate tea when I should be at the sewing machine! Anybody else have that problem? ???

Since I am caught up on the Orca Bay Mystery Quilt steps, I need to be working on the quilt in progress for our bed. Yes, making something for myself for a change! That rarely happens.  I really love how this is turning out. The pattern is called "Sausalito" and can be found on page 22 of the June/July 2011 The Quilter Magazine . Of course I'm tweaking it to fit my needs. Meaning converting it to fit a King bed and making a couple of border changes.  This is the main layout. You can see part of the side borders in the upper right of the photo.
There will be an additional narrow dark brown border added; then the main border change will be a drop all the way around made up of the big blue and green diamond shaped pieces.
These blocks are being total buggers getting the points to meet like they should.  I have one side completed and another started. Once the drop is attached it gets another border piece then it will be ready for quilting. Unfortunately, I have not decided on a backing yet.

Every time my husband sees me working on another project, he asks "what about OUR quilt". When I first started this, he asked if it was going to be my "all winter" project. I was foolish enough to tell him no, it would be finished in time for cold weather. HA! It's now officially cold weather, and no quilt.

And of course there is still a lot of Christmas shopping left to do, and other projects left to make, and new projects to start, and.......who knows when this quilt will get finished!

Well, it's time for my afternoon walk now....gotta run...uh make that walk!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Me! *raises hand* (get stuck at the computer all the time, instead of sewing)

    But, but, in my defence... there are so many awesome quilty blogs out there to read and drool over! hehehe

    Your quilt is going to be amazing, errr.. is already amazing.. and will be wonderful to snuggle under when it's done.

    *gets off computer - still need to find a place to lay out the blocks of RRCB so I can piece the top together - this sucker is HUGE!*

    ReplyDelete