Strange as it may seem, with these being in my very favorites range of colors, I had very little purple and absolutely NO lavender in my fabric stash. There was possibly enough purples to make up the yardage, but I really wasn't wanting to go scrappy with this one. So off to the fabric store with list in hand fabrics needed as well as a swatch of my green, since I did have it. A perfect piece...but more on that when we get to the clue that uses greens. Now, back to the purple and lavenders. Started telling the clerk what was needed and she picked up a piece of scrumptious purple that was end of bolt they had laying on the cutting table. I'm instantly in love with the fabric but it wasn't enough yardage. Remember at this point I'm not doing scrappy and only looking for ONE purple. HOWEVER, I decided that the piece was going home with me anyway. LOL Then we found another gorgeous purple that was just perfect. Ok, it's a go. Now to find a lavender and yellow to play in the group. I have a lot of yellows, but again not enough yardage in any of them and none of them were playing that well with that green. I found one lavender that was PERFECT....not enough left on the bolt. Ugh! So kept on looking. Found another variegated lavender that I really liked, but decided it might be a little too dark for this project and to work with the purple I had pulled so gave up on it. But, seriously thinking next time I'm up that way some of it might have to come home with me if there is any left.
|This is the lavender I loved and ended up with.|
Now since Clue 3 is four patches like in Clue 1, I won't bore you with a lot of repetition on the makings of the units. But after much consideration I decided that the dark fabric needed to be added in to the fray. So I have a constant in the single lavender and now two dark purples.
Spun out on the back......